Saturday, September 13, 2008

New Church

I got so busy telling everyone about Abigail that I forgot to mention another way that God has been providing for us. We finally found a church!!! The Austin Stone changed our lives and we were no longer satisfied with just any old church (and there are a lot of them around here.) We tried driving to The Village but it was an hour one way. As awesome as The Village is it was just too far to develop any sort of community. I guess if I want to listen to Matt Chandler I can always do it on-line. Well, The Village planted a church in Keller -- City View. www.cityviewchurch.net It reminds us of what The Stone must have been like in the early years. We went to the new members class last week and were encouraged by the Pastor's heart and vision for the church. Keller is a little bit of a drive but it's worth it. (At least it's close to my cousin, Jodi's house -- it might give our families a chance to get together some Sunday afternoon.) Best of all, there are several couples that live around the seminary and they will be starting a small group down here close to us. Yea! The Worship Pastor, Adam Crawford, knows some other good friends of ours (Phillip and Lindsey Walleck -- Phillip lived with us for a summer before Mikaela was born. He was instrumental in discipling Jason. Adam referred to Phillip as "a rock." Yes - yes you are, Phillip.) If you get the chance to hear some of his work you won't regret it. He writes beautiful songs that we get to sing at Service on Sundays and he has a beautiful voice. So, another connection -- that's nice.
So rejoice and sing for the Lord is good!
Love to you all,
mickie

1 comment:

bettysue said...

Hey, Sid just gave the info on your blog, I didn't know you had one!! Yea, I can keep up better! Not that I don't keep up anyway, but I'll get to read about your life! Yea!!
I'm glad y'all found the chuch in Keller, did you go today?