Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Impressions


Abigail is in heaven. She LOVES her school. The first day she came home and said, "I wasn't bored all day!" Poor baby, I'm sorry that she has been bored at all. Let's see, what are some more Abigail quotes . . . "I was busy all day. * In Spanish class we played games around the room. I was pretty quiet 'cause I only know the basics of Spanish. * I don't know what it is about this school. Something's just different than the other schools I've been at. Maybe it's that the kids have manners.* I had so much fun at recess today, I played with . . ." (she never played at the other schools -- the teachers said she would always bring a book outside with her) That's all I can think of for now.
She has been excited to go to school each day. On Wednesday they have Chapel and so Abigail has a special uniform that she wears on that day. We got her a jumper and she was able to get away with using some of the shirts that she wore in FWISD. She was pretty bothered with the combination but said she would "get it together" so that she could go to her school. After a few minutes she was beaming -- I took some pictures that I will try to put on here and you can see what I mean.

As a teacher, I've been pretty impressed with the level of homework (and the organization) that she's been bringing home. As a mother, I'm so glad that she is in a place that is happy to see her each morning and is kind to us. Still getting used to having people being nice in a school -- too bad.

Anyway, thank you Gram and Pops for allowing Abigail to continue her education in such a wonderful place. It's making a difference already.

All Glory, Honor, and Praise to our Father,

mickie

4 comments:

bettysue said...

Yea!!! Just I wanted to hear!! I'm so happy for her!!

Nicole B said...

what a sweet girl! i am so glad that she is at a school where she is happy!

1literatimommy said...

How did I miss your blog? Cool, Mick!

facedown said...

she looks so great in her uniform!