Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mikaela's New Skill

Tonight Mikaela learned how to do the monkey bars -- way to go!!! She started slowly but within a few minutes she had it down. She's super excited and would love to show everyone.
Luke can do it, too -- as long as I get him to the top bar. He still needs my hand on his back for moral support -- but still, he's not even four yet.
Abigail is my daughter -- she's too scared to try. She's still practicing on jumping from the platform next to the monkey bars to assure herself that if she falls that it won't hurt. She got a little distracted by the sound she makes when she hits the ground and has decided to work on landing silently. I hope it works out for her. I never learned how to do it (monkey bars) 'cause I was too scared. I think I might have done it once but was too afraid to try again the next time we were at the park. I know how she feels. Sweet girl!

4 comments:

En Gedi said...

Very cool... I'm with Abigail though... I never learned the monkey bars either!!

debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Way to go Mikaela, I'm so proud of you!! For the record, I could not ever do the monkey bars either...So way to go girl!

Sidney said...

she makes that look easy!!

bettysue said...

Way to go Mikaela! I'm the Monkey Bar Queen!! I could do it for hours! Loved it! I'd climb on top of the clothes line pole and just hang there and swing!! YEAA, you ARE like your grandma!