Monday, February 11, 2008

we found a church, YEAH!!!!

So life is in full swing here at the Brown abode. Our time together has been shortened due to my newly aquired work schedule and Seminary. i am currently at the training store in Las Colinas so the drive is shorter. But the hours are longer and i am growing more and more tired.

mickie seems to be holding up great. she is a rock of faith amidst our financial storm and she serves to bolster my strength more than she probably is aware of. she is calm when i am freaking out and she helps to align my thoughts when i am like a cat trying to avoid falling into the barrel.

The children are settling in, but my being away has made them more restless and when i am home, they are like spider monkeys on a small tree if you know what i mean? they cling to me for dear life afraid that i might leave again. we know that it is just a season and we will be silent and trust in YHVH.

we have been praying and fretting over finding a church home and the LORD was gracious to answer us this week. we had considered going to The Village Church, but worried about it not being a Baptist Church. The Seminary only gives me a break on tution as long as i attend a Baptist church. So we had pretty much written off The Village until i started to look over their website and found out that they are what i would call a "Reformed Baptist" church; one that started out Baptist, First Baptist Highland Village to be exact, and then re-wrote their constitution and by-laws as well as changed their name. All the while, keeping their relationship with the SBC. SWEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!! Open up mouth cause here comes cake and i am a eaten too. Incredible sermon last weekend and good music. Matt Chandler, who reminds me of Matt Carter, even mentioned Torah several times in his sermon. The families' soul was fed well.

Psalm 34:1-3
1 I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul will make its boast in the LORD;
The humble will hear it and rejoice.
3 O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.

1 comment:

Michele said...

woo-hoo!!! What a blessing. Can't wait to see you all Thursday!